"Connecting the community to the farm through the influence of faith, family and fun."
2020 Hours of Operation: Thursday - Sunday AND Columbus Day - 10am - 6pm
Illinois Agritainment at Its Finest
The variety of activities available at Rader Family Farms continues to be part of what keeps families coming back year after year. It's been exciting work and we hope farm visitors will enjoy the enhancements we've added this year. Your paid admission grants you access to most activities. There is an additional fee for the 10 acre corn maze (Included in the Season Pass), Apple Blasters (open weekends), and face painting (on weekends). Check out our map of the farm!
*SOME OF THE FARM ACTIVITIES MAY BE CLOSED TEMPORARILY FOR CLEANING OR CLOSED DUE TO CHANGES BECAUSE OF COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS*
- Apple Blasters/Slingshots: More than 600 psi of pressure will shoot these apples at targets up to 600 feet away. Or head for the upper deck of our Blasters area and shoot at the targets with a slingshot. Challenge your friends and family to a shooting competition. Visit the corn maze booth to try them during the weekends. There is an additional cost to use the Apple Blasters.
- Jumping Pillow: Put plenty of bounce in your step as you jump on a pillow of air.
- Duck Races: Hand pump the lever to move your duck through the water trough and win the race.
- Chalk Truck: Be creative, and draw or write on the sides of this truck.
- Double Barrel Chute: Shoot through the 40-foot barrel slide and be ready for a quick ride.
- Rat Rollers: Roll yourself along a track in an oversized tube.
- U-Pick Pumpkins : Journey out into more than six acres of U-Pick pumpkins to find the perfect one!
- Tire Tower: Climb up, over and on big combine tires, while playing in a bed of sand.
- School House: Visit the school house and learn about agriculture in Illinois. Open to guests on weekends only. (Hitchin' Post snack shop open in the School House on weekends)(SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
- Crop Circle: Stroll through the Crop Circle to see and learn interesting facts about the eight largest and most common crops grown in Illinois. This display is adorned by the Illinois flag.
- Little Village: Kids 6 years old and under will enjoy playing in and around the miniature town, including hands-on play time in a market, post office, kitchen and much more! (Little Village will remain open during our 2020 Season, however, some of the shareable items will not be available for play this season due to COVID-19 safety guidelines.)
- Tram Rides (on weekends): Take a fun-filled ride around the farm to learn about this working farm and about the family that works it. (Masks are required on the Tram if social distancing cannot be maintained)
- Barnyard Ball Throw: Challenge your family member, co-worker or friend to the ultimate duel! Test out your ability to shoot hoops, pitch a strike and throw a touchdown! May the best one win!
- Combine slide: Take a seat inside the cab of our combine, then race your friends to the bottom.
- Oversized Sandbox: Dig your way to the bottom!
- Pedal-Powered Trikes: Use your muscles to pedal around the track.
- Tractor Tire Swing: Go for a spin on a large tractor tire.
- Tug of War: Ready? Pull! Challenge your friends and family with this classic test of strength.
- Rodeo Round Up: Roping's not as easy as they make it look on TV. Climb up in the saddle and try your hand at roping the steer.
- Wild Horses: Swing high while riding the wild horse swings
- Straw Castle: Oversized straw bales create an exciting castle tower that is lots of fun to climb, chase friends and explore.
- Corny Bins: Go "swimming" in 18 to 20 inches of corn in our two bins, each of which holds about 350 bushels of corn. (Corny Bins WILL BE CLOSED FOR THE REMAINDER OF OUR 2020 SEASON DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS)
- Tractor Test Drive: Climb the steps up into the big red tractor and pretend you're the farmer planting the crops.
- Barrel Train: For our smallest friends.... Come climb aboard and enjoy a tractor-pulled ride!
- Pumpkin Checkers: Challenge someone to a big checker game with miniature pumpkins.
- Animated Talking Chicken Show: Take a seat and enjoy the funny talking chickens...,bawk, bawk!
- Who's Your Pumpkin: Ask your opponent questions to see who can identify the other person's pumpkin first.
- Corn Ball: Challenge your friends to a volleyball match over a net of straw bales.
- Picture Perfect Spot: Arrange your group around our 1951 Chevy pick-up truck for a great photo of the kids or the entire family. Capture those memories of your trip to the farm, just on the edge of Normal. Remember to put #Raderfamilyfarms in your posts!
- Scarecrow Scramble: We've got 66 scarecrows on the farm! Challenge yourself to find the 21 scarecrows on our game sheet; complete the puzzle and get a prize. Scarecrow Scramble game sheet may be picked up at the Admissions Booth.
- Selfie Scavenger Hunt: Grab your camera and put your 'SELF' in the fun capturing memories on the farm.
- Face Painting: Come see our wonderful artist ... The Zoo Lady, and choose your favorite design for your face! Face painting is available on Saturdays and Sundays, at an additional cash cost. (Knees and legs will replace face painting this season due to COVID-19 restrictions)
- Scarecrow Scramble: We've got 66 Scarecrows on the farm! Challenge yourself to find the 18 scarecrows on our game sheet; complete the puzzle and get a prize. Scarecrow Scramble game sheet may be picked up in the mailbox by the School House in Activities. Receive your prize after you complete the puzzle at the Outdoor Produce Checkout. Happy Hunting and Have Fun!!