"Connecting the community to the farm through the influence of faith, family and fun."
Illinois Agritainment at Its Finest
The variety of activities available at Rader Family Farms continues to be part of what keeps families coming back year after year. It's been exciting work and we hope farm visitors will enjoy the enhancements we've added again this year. Your paid admission grants you access to most activities. There is an additional fee for the 10 acre corn maze (open daily), apple blasters, and face painting. Check out our map of the farm!
- Apple Blasters : More than 600 psi of pressure will shoot these apples at targets up to 200 meters away. Challenge your friends and family to a shooting competition. Visit the corn maze booth to try them during the weekends. There is an additional cost to use the Apple Blasters.
- Duck Races
- Double Barrel Chute
- Rat Rollers :: Roll yourself along a track in an over sized tube.
- U Pick Pumpkins : Journey out into more than six acres of U-Pick pumpkins to find the perfect one for you!
- Tire Tower
- School House :: The Schoolhouse is the first stop on our field trips during the week. On weekends guests can visit it and learn about agriculture in Illinois.
- Crop Circle :: When you stroll thru this display you will be able to see eight different Illinois crops and learn some interesting facts about each of them. This display is adorned by the Illinois Flag.
- Little Village :: Kids 6 years old and under will enjoy playing in and around the miniature town including hands on play time in a post office, kitchen, bank and much more! Come see this miniature world of play!
- Tram Rides (on weekends) :: Enjoy the ride out to get your pumpkin or just ride around for fun on the back of a tram pulled by a John Deere tractor driven by one of our staff. You will learn about this working farm and about the family who works it.
- Barnyard Ball Throw: Challenge your family member, co-worker or friend to the ultimate duel! Test out your ability to shoot hoops, pitch a strike and throw a touchdown! May the best one win!!
- Oversized Sandbox:
- Pedal Powered Trikes:
- Rodeo Round Up: Roping's not as easy as they make it look on TV. Climb up in the saddle and try your hand at roping the steer.
- Wild Horses: Swing high while riding the new horse swings (Take note of the posted weight limits)
- Straw Castle: Oversized straw bales create an exciting castle tower that is lots of fun to climb, chase friends and explore.
- Corny Bins: Nothing says central Illinois like a few large bins of corn for kids to root around in for an hour or so. Come have some fun and learn some fun corn facts.
- Tractor Test Drive: Climb the steps up into the big red tractor and pretend you're the farmer planting the crops.
- Critter Cart Barrel Train: For our smallest friends....Come climb aboard and enjoy a tractor pulled ride!
- Pumpkin Checkers : Challenge someone to a big checker game with miniature pumpkins.
- Animated Talking Chicken Show
- Corn Ball Volley Ball
- Corn Boxes : Have fun driving the miniature farm equipment in the corn box while you wait to get your Barnyard Grill food order.
- Picture Perfect Spot : Arrange your group around our 1951 Chevy pick-up truck for a great photo of the kids or the entire family. Capture those memories of your trip to the farm, just on the edge of Normal. Remember to #Raderfamilyfarms in your posts!!
- Scarecrow Scramble
- Face Painting- Come see our wonderful artist from The Zoo Lady and pick your favorite design to get painted on your face! They have it all! Face painting is only available on Sat-Sun at an additional cash cost.