"Connecting the community to the farm through the influence of faith, family and fun."
2021 Hours of Operation: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesdays, Thursdays, Sundays AND Columbus Day
NEW THIS SEASON: Friday and Saturday hours are extended, to 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.!
Illinois Agritainment at its finest
The variety of activities available at Rader Family Farms continues to be part of what keeps families coming back year after year. It's been exciting work and we hope farm visitors will enjoy the enhancements we've added this year. Your paid admission grants you access to most activities. There is an additional fee for the Apple Blasters (open weekdays from 3 p.m. to close and weekends) and face painting (on weekends). Check out our map of the farm!
- Apple Blasters/Slingshots: Shoot apples at targets at about 300 mph. Or head for the upper deck of our Blasters area and shoot at the targets with a slingshot. Challenge your friends and family to a shooting competition. Apples for the Blasters/Slingshots are sold separately.
- Jumping Pillow: Put plenty of bounce in your step as you jump on a pillow of air.
- Duck Races: Hand pump the lever to move your duck through the water trough and win the race.
- Chalk Truck: Be creative, and draw or write on the sides of this truck.
- Funnel Ball: She shoots, she scores! This game is fun. Shoot the ball into the bucket where it will mull around until it exits one of the funnels. Where it stops….nobody knows.
- Double Barrel Chute: Shoot through the 40-foot barrel slide. Be ready for a quick ride!
- Roller Bowler: The aim of this game is to bowl your ball along the runners at just the right speed so it comes to a rest in the dip. It's trickier than it seems!
- Rat Rollers: Roll yourself along a track in an oversized tube.
- U-Pick Pumpkins: Journey out into more than six acres of U-Pick pumpkins to find the perfect one!
- Tire Tower: Climb up, over and on big combine tires while playing in a bed of sand.
- School House: Visit the school house and learn about agriculture in Illinois.
- Hitchin' Post snack shop open in the School House on weekends.
- Crop Circle: Stroll through the Crop Circle to see and learn interesting facts about the eight largest and most common crops grown in Illinois. This display is adorned by the Illinois flag.
- Tether Ball: You and your opponent engage in a frantic battle to grab, smack, and throw the “tethered” ball in opposite directions. .
- Little Village: Kids 6 years old and under will enjoy playing in and around the miniature town, including hands-on play time in a market, post office, kitchen and much more!
- Tram Ride: Take a fun-filled ride around the farm to learn about this working farm and about the family that works it.
- Barnyard Ball Throw: Challenge your family member, co-worker or friend to the ultimate duel! Test your ability to shoot hoops, pitch a strike and throw a touchdown! May the best one win!
- Combine Slide: Take a seat inside the cab of our combine, then race your friends to the bottom.
- Oversized Sandbox: Dig your way to the bottom!
- Pedal-Powered Trikes: Use your muscles to pedal around the track.
- Tractor Tire Swing: Go for a spin on a large tractor tire.
- Tug of War: Ready? Pull! Challenge your friends and family with this classic test of strength.
- Rodeo Roundup: Roping is not as easy as they make it look on TV. Climb up in the saddle and try your hand at roping the steer.
- Wild Horses: Swing high while riding the wild horse swings.
- Straw Castle: Oversized straw bales create an exciting castle tower that is fun to climb and explore.
- Corny Bins: Go "swimming" in 18 to 20 inches of corn in our two bins, each of which holds about 350 bushels of corn. (Corny Bins WILL BE CLOSED FOR OUR 2021 SEASON)
- Tractor Test Drive: Climb the steps of the big red tractor and pretend you're the farmer planting the crops.
- Critter Cart: For our smallest friends.... Come climb aboard and enjoy a tractor-pulled ride!
- Pumpkin Checkers: Challenge someone to a big checkers game with miniature pumpkins.
- Animated Talking Corn Show: Take a seat and enjoy the funny talking corn!
- Who's Your Pumpkin: Ask your opponent questions to see who can identify the other person's pumpkin first.
- Corn Ball: Challenge your friends to a volleyball match over a net of straw bales.
- Picture Perfect Spot: Arrange your group around our 1951 Chevy pickup truck for a great photo of the kids or the entire family. Capture those memories of your trip to the farm, just on the edge of Normal. Remember to put #RaderFamilyFarms in your posts!
- Selfie Scavenger Hunt: Grab your camera and put your 'SELF' in the fun capturing memories on the farm.
- Face Painting: Come see our wonderful artist... The Zoo Lady, and choose your favorite design for your face! Face painting is available on Saturdays and Sundays, at an additional cash cost.
- Scarecrow Scramble: We've got 66 scarecrows on the farm! Find the 18 named scarecrows to fill in the blanks on our game sheet, which is available in the mailbox by the School House. After you complete the game sheet, take it to the Outdoor Produce Checkout for a prize. Happy hunting and have fun!
- Spider Web: Climb around and even get caught in our giant spider web.