"Connecting the community to the farm through the influence of faith, family and fun."
Illinois Agritainment at Its Finest
The variety of activities available at Rader Family Farms continues to be part of what keeps families coming back year after year. It's been exciting work and we hope farm visitors will enjoy the enhancements we've added again this year. Your paid admission grants you access to most activities. There is an additional fee for the 10 acre corn maze (open daily), apple blasters (open weekends), and face painting (on weekends). Check out our map of the farm!
- Apple Blasters : More than 600 psi of pressure will shoot these apples at targets up to 600 feet away. Challenge your friends and family to a shooting competition. Visit the corn maze booth to try them during the weekends. There is an additional cost to use the Apple Blasters.
- Duck Races: Hand pump the lever to move your duck through the water trough and win the race.
- Double Barrel Chute: Shoot through the long barrel slide and be ready for a quick ride.
- Rat Rollers :: Roll yourself along a track in an over sized tube.
- U Pick Pumpkins : Journey out into more than six acres of U-Pick pumpkins to find the perfect one!
- Tire Tower: Climb up, over and on big combine tires, while playing in a bed of sand.
- School House :: Visit the school house and learn about agriculture in Illinois. Open to guests on weekends only. Hitchin' Post Snack shop open on weekends. (Located in the School House)
- Crop Circle :: Stroll through the crop circle to see and learn interesting facts about the 8 largest and most common crops grown in Illinois. This display is adorned by the Illinois Flag.
- Little Village :: Kids 6 years old and under will enjoy playing in and around the miniature town including hands on play time in a post office, kitchen, bank and much more! Come see this miniature world of play!
- Tram Rides (on weekends) :: Take a fun-filled ride around the farm to learn about this working farm and about the family who works it.
- Barnyard Ball Throw: Challenge your family member, co-worker or friend to the ultimate duel! Test out your ability to shoot hoops, pitch a strike and throw a touchdown! May the best one win!!
- Oversized Sandbox: Dig your way to the bottom!
- Pedal Powered Trikes: Use your muscles to pedal aroundthe track and get to the finish line.
- Rodeo Round Up: Roping's not as easy as they make it look on TV. Climb up in the saddle and try your hand at roping the steer.
- Wild Horses: Swing high while riding the wild horse swings (Take note of the posted weight limits).
- Straw Castle: Oversized straw bales create an exciting castle tower that is lots of fun to climb, chase friends and explore.
- Corny Bins: Nothing says central Illinois like a few large bins of corn for kids to root around in for an hour or so. Have fun and learn some 'corny' facts too!
- Tractor Test Drive: Climb the steps up into the big red tractor and pretend you're the farmer planting the crops.
- Barrel Train: For our smallest friends....Come climb aboard and enjoy a tractor pulled ride!
- Pumpkin Checkers : Challenge someone to a big checker game with miniature pumpkins. (Take note of the posted weight limits).
- Animated Talking Chicken Show: Take a seat and enjoy the funny talking chickens...,bawk, bawk!
- Corn Ball: Challenge your friend to a volleyball match over a net of straw bales.
- Corn Kernel Boxes : Have fun driving the miniature farm equipment in the corn kernel boxes while you pretend you're Farmer Rader.
- Picture Perfect Spot : Arrange your group around our 1951 Chevy pick-up truck for a great photo of the kids or the entire family. Capture those memories of your trip to the farm, just on the edge of Normal. Remember to #Raderfamilyfarms in your posts!!
- Scarecrow Scramble: Challenge yourself to locate 21 scarecrows across the farm to complete the puzzle and get a prize.
- Selfie Savengerger Hunt: Grab your camera and put your'SELF' in the fun capturing memories on the farm.
- Face Painting- Come see our wonderful artist ... The Zoo Lady and choose your favorite design for your face! They can do it all! Face painting is only available on Sat-Sun at an additional cash cost.